Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Contributers

Sunday, November 11, 2012
I wonder as I venture down this road of writing, if I will ever get the hang of promotion.
 
I have never been one to have an ego, talk about myself or have great self esteem. In fact compliments leave me stumped on what to say other than thank you. So when people ask me about myself or tell me that they like my work, I find myself all of a sudden shy.
 
Those who know me personally know that I have never been shy, but I have never been boastful either. Unfortunately, self promotion is vital for an author who cannot afford to pay someone to promote their work.
 
I have spent countless hours trying to get the word out on not only my book but others that I find wonderful and worthy of being read. I will no doubt spend countless more hours doing the same thing.
 
There are days when I feel defeated, that no one is really reading my work and then there are days when I want to celebrate when I hear or see that someone has bought a copy. On my defeated days, I sit and remember the how and why's that brought me to actively publishing my work and know that I am doing exactly what I wanted to do from the beginning.

I write because I love it, I shared the stories because I want people to enjoy what I write, and I got them published because I wanted to widen my audience. ( I am sure some friends and family were getting tired of being the only people that read my work)

In the end I think I will always wonder if I will ever get the hang of promoting myself. Does anyone else have issues with this, or am I all alone in this?

0 comments: