Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Contributers

Tuesday, September 10, 2013
ME!!!!!!!!!


I am not writing a book review for today because it is my birthday! I wanted the day off and I am taking it. I have books that I have finished and I could just throw together a review for you all to read, but I would rather take time with them and post them instead.

Now since I am posting this about me I guess I could tell you a little more than my standard bio. My father was in the military so while I was born in California I have lived all over. So I have no home town. People often ask where are you from and I stutter and stammer through it and find it hard to say a specific place. Lately I have been telling them I was born and raised in the military lol. This often gets funny looks but oh well.

I spent my later teens and early twenties in Columbus Ga where I met my husband. I saw him across the cafeteria helping a student on crutches bring her food to her table. I pointed over at him and nudged my friend , " I am going to marry him one day!" She laughed at me. I didn't know who he was but her laughter made more sense when I got to know him. He was a man whore. There is just no nice way to say it. I spent the remainder of my senior year being the shoulder girls would cry on because he slept with them and pretended he didn't know them the next day. He was awful lol.


A year later I got to date him and decided he was as grown up as he was going to be. I fell for him. We would do the normal break up and get back together thing for a couple of years but eventually we got together. Now our proposal and engagement were not normal by any means and this really needs to be broken down for you to really get what kind of person I am.

I convinced him to come and spend the summer with my family in Georgia and he agreed. Then I wrote his mother a letter letting her know my intentions. He arrived May 25th on the bus and some friends and I picked him up. I was very anxious and super excited to finally have him with me again. On May 26th during a conversation I just put it out there. The conversation went something like this...

Me: We are getting married.
Him: Okay
That's it lol. We have had our ups and downs like any other family, more downs lately than ups but we have been married for 21 years. If I said it was all bliss and happiness, I would be lying. That would be like saying that I am blonde and look like Marilyn Monroe ( I wish).

Anyway! He joined the military and we started a family. We joke that the reason we have three daughters is because he was so horrible to girls in high school. Having daughters is his payback!

This past year has been awful for us. We lost part of our income, we lost our grand daughter, the home we lived in and our car. It has been a rough time but we are all together and we love one another. That to me is all that matters. Of course you can read by several of my posts that we miss our Pookie girl very much. But I do not consider the time we had her as bad. She will always be some of my best moments in life.

Okay off the sad stuff and onto the good stuff. I write because I love to tell stories. I read because I love to fall into other peoples worlds. I create sculptures as a way to express myself and sing just because I love it.


I graduated from college in 2010 with a BFA and it was one of the best experiences of my life.


I love to create lists. I do this a lot. Too often my family would say. I started when I was about twelve or thirteen. I remember one of my longest kept lists was the list of jobs I wanted to try. It was a silly list but every time I came across someone interesting I would ask what they did. Then I would write down the job on my list. My thinking was that someone so interesting had to have an equally interesting occupation.

So I have been a cab driver, a waitress, an office manager,  a factory worker, a beautician, an artist, an author, a writer, a wife, a maid,a field worker, a mother and a grandmother.

I have accomplished all of those to some extent, some lasting for a long time and some lasting a very short time. I tried them all and then some. Some I hated and would not wish it on my worst enemy and some I loved and but I am proud to say that I tried them all.


Something else unusual about me is that people often think my eyes are blue or green when actually they change color and are considered hazel. Oh and despite being asked repeatedly I do not wear contacts.


I love that I get the honor of interacting on a daily basis with wonderful writers ( both authors and reviewers) and enjoy the time I get to spend with my family. Well when I am not speed reading or writing a review I spend lots of time with my family.

That is all I can think of. There now you know a little more about me. I hope to get to know more and more of you!


Yay! Happy Birthday to me!

0 comments: