Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Contributers

Saturday, June 1, 2013
Since I am a fairly new book reviewer in the blogging world, I often find myself without books to review. What I have done to feed my book appetite is to raid the free section of Amazon.com. I currently own over 3000 titles from raiding the free list over the last year. Some are really great books and some are really bad, with a plethora in between.  Since I have few books that I have been asked to review and few that I request to review I have decided to try to put up some reviews of the ones I get off the free list.



Above Rubies by Jaclyn M. Hawkes

This one rated a 3 out or 5 for me. The story was wonderful, the characters admirable but the overwhelming inclusion of religion ruined it for me personally.  I knew as soon as I began the story that I was going to be sucked into it, unfortunately the author's infusion of Mormonism had me skimming pages. I hate skimming pages, because I feel like I am missing something, but part of this book read like I was reading the bible. I have that book already, I do not need it in my fun romantic reads. 


 Full Circle by Mona Ingram

I had such high expectations when I found this and was thoroughly disappointed in the end. The dialogue was stiff, the story predictable, the climax lacking and the characters had little depth. I rarely give a bad review of a book but honestly it was just difficult to read and I read it all the way through. As an author I know that it is heartbreaking to put all of yourself into a book and then get a bad review. I think that this book could have been so much more, but it felt rushed and because of that it suffered. I am giving this book a 2 out of 5 rating. 




The Mating by Nicky Charles

This is a favorite of mine and I have read it twice. I was worried about posting this review because I was told this was a pirated book. I am not sure if it really is but the story is too good for me not to post a review about it. If it is pirated, it is a shame  because the author should be proud of the book. The story is wonderful, the characters are well developed and I could not put it down. I will look into the legitimacy of it being pirated but still feel the story is worth a 5 out of 5 rating. 

If you have anything you would like me to read and review or want to discuss a book you read let me know by emailing me at yeahsure29@yahoo.com or leaving a comment below. 

Please follow follow my blog, I love followers!
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: