Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Contributers

Monday, July 1, 2013
Because I read a lot and often they are not books that people have submitted, but instead are books that others have sent or passed on to me, I get some really crazy books. Some book titles are absolutely crazy. So recently I started looking through free books in other genre's to see if there was anything that drew my attention enough to read it. Well let me tell you lol some of those titles are going to be in the Not Safe For Work or Kids category and some are in my OMG! category. Needless to say they are on this list for a very good reason. Now the books might be great, but I can't bring myself to read them. Here are just a few:


  1. 42 Filthy Fucking Stories..... (really ... just ...yeah)
  2. Pole Star (a male pole dancer... which pole you ask? So did I!)
  3. A Dirty Drag Collection (as opposed to...?)
  4. Untitled... (was it not worth the a name)
  5. words of lust ( 50,000 words of how to say FUCK ME?)

There are so many more and some of them I laugh at the title and then get them to read to see if the inside is as funny as the name. This is not a good idea all the time but I have been pleasantly surprised on a few occasions.  I am by no means a prude or picky when it come to titles, and I will ready pretty much any genre but come on, lets be reasonable here. 


Anyway I realize this is short, but someone was talking to me about book covers and how influential they are when selling books, and it got me to thinking that the title is just as important. I guess some of these titles are not so bad if what you are looking for something to have a quickie with or something along that line. 



What crazy book titles have you come across? Have you ever come across a title that sounded like something interesting and then the inside is nothing like what you expected ( good or bad) ? I know I have been shocked a few times in both good and bad ways. 


If you would like me to read and review your book, or beta read something you have written, please feel free to email me at leanneherrera@gmail.com

Have a wonderful day!
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, seriously? Untitled? They must have been even suckier (yes, that is a new word) than me when it comes down to finding a title for their work.
Anyway, all the variations on 50 Shades of Whatever. I'll not read those for the sole reason if you can't be original enough to come up with a title that doesn't sound like you wan tto look like the worlds suckiest (another new one) book, the content must be even worse than the book they 'borrowed' the title from. Ugh! Unless it is good old-fashioned satire. I love a good joke!
Great post Leanne! And you are a great beta too. I'll know where to find you again and again. Wheeeeeheeeee!

Unknown said...

ROFLMAO I love this, TOTALLY am glad you do this!