Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Contributers

Monday, May 27, 2013



and again and again. She has without fail managed to capture my attention with her keen sense of humor and wonderful writing ability. 

For years I have truly believed that fairy tales are too good to be true but I still indulge myself with romance. I think I am a glutton for punishment. These stories are far from the Cinderella tales that I remember from the past and not as easy as the nursery rhymes that I grew to love as a child. These stories are so much more. 

I first began my journey by reading How Not to Kiss a Toad and loved the witchy tale that made me crave cupcakes for a week and ice cream for a week after that. The next three books that she gave me the honor of reading left me wanting more. I love the fact that she takes a bit of what I grew up with and spins it with romance, magic and my favorite thing... food!

A few weeks ago I read How Not to Kiss a Prince! Awesome book! It didn't pick right up where the other book left off exactly but the story was connected to the first one and I loved every moment of it. The characters were well thought out and the plot moved smoothly. I was able to keep up with the twists and turns without it being slow or boring. 

Then Elizabeth asked if I would read Baerhly Breathing. I loved this book! Who knew that Goldie and the three bears were private investigators? I loved these characters just as much as I loved Cindy Eller in the How Not to Kiss books. I thought to myself there better be more! I was ecstatic when I discovered that there was indeed a planned sequel. 

A few days ago Elizabeth asked if I would read  How Not to Kiss a Beast. I thought sure why not and wondered if this was going to have any similarities to Beauty and the beast. It  was another wonderful addition to the Cindy Eller stories that I have fallen in love with. I feel bad for Cindy and overwhelmingly jealous of her abilities and the life she has. I mean come on she gets to do magic and make yummy food that every day. What is not to like about spicy chocolate cupcakes. I would be scarfing those things down along with her candied bacon... mmmmmm just the thought of it makes my stomach growl. 

There is nothing more enjoyable about reading a book and wanting to taste what they taste, see what they see, be a part of the action they are in. When an author can suck you into the story so much so that you forget that you are you and not a part of the story, that is a good author. 

I am rating each book 5 out of 5! 
Keep the books coming Elizabeth and I will keep reading and recommending them to others!

What kind of books would you like to see me review? 
Have you read any books lately that you would recommend? 
If you could have witchy powers, what would those powers be?
Please comment below and follow this blog.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: