Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Contributers

Tuesday, October 16, 2012
My book is free today and tomorrow! I am scared to death!

Everything is going through my mind: What if no one gets a free copy? What if everyone hates it? What if everyone that wants to read it, only gets it when it is free? What if someone gets it and gives it a horrible review?

All this and more is swimming in my head right now. I just keep taking deep breaths and telling myself, "there is nothing you can do if they hate it, do not get it free, only get it free, or gives it a horrible review." I just have to wait and hope that my writing is good and that someone somewhere enjoys it.

I know that I cannot be the only one that suffers these insecurities. I am sure there is not a great writer out there, that at one time or another has not questioned themselves as I am. If there is I want to know their secret. It is four in the morning and I am sitting here going stir crazy. I know that as soon as my publisher is online in the afternoon, I will be screaming "check the numbers please! I will love you forever!"

I am really hoping these free days kick the book off right. I have had some hick-ups with promotion and other things for this book and I really wanted to put my best foot forward. Thirty minutes after my book went up for sale, my granddaughter was admitted into PICU for respiratory failure. We stayed with her for a month. We had no internet at the Ronald McDonald house that we stayed at. Then I came home absolutely exhausted and clinging to my own bed and to Sabrina.

So if anyone is interested in reading my book you can get it here. Please share the link

0 comments: