Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Contributers

Friday, September 21, 2012
When I began writing, it was for pure enjoyment. Just to be able to sit and write the stories and scenes that popped into my head was a lot of fun. I truly enjoyed sharing them with friends and getting their input. Things changed and on advice of some of those same friends I sought to share my stories with the world. Sometimes I think that I lost my mind. Not that sharing the stories with other is no longer fun, because it is. I still find the same excitement writing them and hearing what other thought of my stories. The crazy part is that I did not realize I was so ignorant when it comes to social media. I cannot figure out how to share some of the reviews or how to ask someone to read my book without feeling like a salesman. I am not a sales person at all, or at least I am not very good at it. I do not have that kind of charm. I can grab an audience I am told and tell a story but I have not figured out how to make them buy it. I now write blogs, visit other authors, review their work, pimp my work, talk about myself (which I am totally uncomfortable with by the way), and a plethora of other things that involve social media. I literally feel scared and a little sick to my stomach thinking about talking about myself. Talking about my kids, I love, talking about my stories, is wonderful, talking about myself, feels like I am trying to be vain. I am hoping within the next few weeks to get a hold of this whole foreign world of social media and learn how to make it work for me, the way I have seen it work for others. Wish me good luck. I have a feeling this old dog that is trying to learn a new trick is going to need all the luck she can get.

0 comments: